ATM EMV Conversion
Heritage Family is starting to convert its ATMs to incorporate EMV readers. This means, when you dip your card to do a transaction, you will need to leave the card in the reader for the duration of the transaction. When all transactions are completed, you will be prompted by the ATM to take your card out. The ATM will beep and flash the card reader until your card is removed.
It's easy to become the victim of fraudulent charges, especially on your debit card. HFCU would like to remind you of some best practices to help protect you and your money.
1. When using an ATM machine, check for anything that looks suspicious about the machine, including parts that seem to have been added, are crooked, loose or seem to be in disrepair.
2. Protect your pin number. Never share your pin with others, and when entering your pin number, shield your finger strokes from prying eyes.
3. Only shop from trusted websites and make sure that your computer’s virus protection is up to date.
4. Check your statement frequently and verify all charges are accurate. If you notice something that does not belong to you, please contact the call center immediately at 888.252.8932 or visit your local branch.
5. Do not give out your debit or credit card number over the phone, unless you initiated the call and are speaking to a known person.
Teller Cash Recyclers
Heritage Family Credit Union will be deploying 16 Teller Cash Recyclers at all of their branches throughout 2016 and 2017. Teller Cash Recyclers automate cash-in, cash-out transactions that typically occur at the teller line. By eliminating manual tasks, such as counting cash, tellers are free to spend more time focusing on the needs of their members.
“In today’s world, the threat of robberies is an ever-present danger and we need to continue protecting both our members and staff. Not only will these new TCR machines automatically sort and store the cash in a secured vault, they will help improve speed and accuracy at the teller line,” said Matt Levandowski, President & CEO of Heritage Family Credit Union (HFCU).